Here’s How to Fix Scratchy Sounding Guitar Knobs
My ‘92 Fender Jazz bass had volume and tone pots that were extremely scratchy sounding when turned.
To fix this problem:
1. Get some electronics cleaner spray, which should come with a straw to spray through.
2. Remove whatever panel you need to get to the back of the pots.
3. Find an opening in the casing of the pot and spray the cleaner inside using the straw.
4. Turn knob a few times from 0 to 10
5. Plug in to amp and test to see if knobs are still noisy. Repeat if necessary.